Thank You For So Many Blessings!

It was quite a tearful experience for both of us, as I shared the hundreds of prayers and encouraging messages that were posted from Clark’s students, friends, fans, fellow musicians, and family around the world. He said, “Please tell everybody that I love them very, very much. I can’t thank them enough for all of those beautiful words.”

He is more determined than ever to “keep on keepin’ on.” With God’s grace and your powerful faith, I’m so glad to let you know that he’s been transferred from the Intensive Care Unit into a private room. With such an outpouring of love from you, he has a healthy appetite for solid foods and is getting stronger daily.

His doctors are keeping a close eye on him, and they haven’t documented any new complications since his right leg was amputated mid-thigh last Wednesday. His primary care physician, Dr. Simmie Armstrong, reported, “We still have a long road ahead, but he’s a tough trooper. We can all learn a lot from him.”

Clark said, “When I face adversity, I lace up my bootstraps and wade on through. And everyday I’m grateful to Big Prez (his nickname for God).” As we look forward to his 91st birthday on December 14th, I asked him what he’d want if he could have his heart’s desire, and he answered, “Another birthday.”

You have made him so happy, and we are extremely appreciative.

Please continue to keep him on your prayer list.

45 Responses to Thank You For So Many Blessings!

1. Happiest of Birthdays to you, CT!!
    With love and eternal admiration,
    SW :>)

2. Tom Smith says:

Happy Birthday Clark!!! Yahooo!!! These last months have been nothing but CT blasting away in my car and at work, my way of sending you good thoughts! Let’s see, you and Jimmy Hamilton back in 1954, George Wein & The Newport All Stars,
    Aboard The QE 2, You With Dorthy Donnegan, wow she is just AMAZING, anyway, just a small portion of my tribute to you here in Columbus Ohio!! Oh Bop Sha Bam, Happy Birthday !!!!!

Lots of love from all of us here in Vancouver. I think about you everyday and especially when I get the horn out to play. On the eve of your birthday, I want to thank you for all the joy that you give the world-both musically and personally. So many of us are better people for knowing you and having the fortune to be blessed by your glorious music.
    Much love,
    Alan and Riina

4. Eddy Curtis says:

Clark – Thinking about you everyday and I know you’d rather spend your birthday at home and at peace with your family and friends. Instead, we bring our prayers, thoughts, and good things your way in spirit and in friendship. This is only a small token of what you have shared with us, but please know how much we truly care and wish for your speedy recovery!

We love you and have a blessed birthday my dear friend!

Eddy C.

5. Pete Hittle says:

Praying for you daily Mr. Terry. Godspeed.

6. Nick Morrison says:

Hi Clark and Gwen. My family and I will be praying for recovery after the amputation. It is so encouraging to read how Clark’s spirit is remaining so strong through this tough time. We will pray that he will recover fully and be able to come home soon (And for more birthdays!) Happy Day Before your Birthday CT!!!!

Nick Morrison

7. Al Rearick says:

Continued prayers of strength, healing, comfort, & good news. Thanks for the updates.

Saw an album called “The Happy Horns of Clark Terry.” THAT was the word to describe why I like CT music: it’s happy music! Also wanted to share this: on CT’s self-titled album on Mercury, there’s a track called “Swahili” with Art Blakey percolating & brewing in the back that, when I’m driving around, gets cranked up to rock&roll levels! So, thank you for that, CT!

thank you, thank you, Gwen, for the progress report. it’s been said here many times but i’m going to repeat it: you and Clark are such inspirations for SO many people (throughout the world)!! it’s really amazing! and C.T. is a tiger and you are his mate, for sure!! sending continued prayers and love and hugs and safe cyber kisses! xoxo

9. Marion Alston says:

Mr.Clark Terry you are im my prayers my brother.I thank you so very much for sharing your beautiful gift of music & ambassadorship to the world.I wish you a very Happy Birthday & speedy recovery.Wishing you & your family the most wonderful Holiday Season ever!Much Love & Blessings~Marion Alston~

10. Love you CT. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

11. Jim Ardoin says:

CT has always been a HUGE musical influence in my life. I was so impressed by the stories included in one of Gene Lees books and I was very excited to read Clark’s new biography. After digesting that manuscript (Not “Just an old Manuscript” LOL) and reading the stories here on the blog, I can honestly say that CLARK TERRY is a HUGE inspriation about how to life one’s life.

THANK YOU GWEN for all of the updates & GOD BLESS CLARK!

12. My dad (born in 1919) went through the same procedure. His health improved and he did get another birthday.
    Get well, CT. I want a Skype lesson!
    Morris “Nine Lives” Nelms

13. Brent A. Broussard / Boz says:

Thanks for the update! Everyone I talk to in Louisiana is praying for you CT!! Get yourself home so I can get you some hog head cheese. (Cajun Pate’ or whatever you called it in St. Louis) Have a few teal and big ducks for you too! “Keep On Keepin’ On”

14. Trent Austin says:

Thanks so much for the updates Gwen! Please give hugs to CT and let him know that the whole trumpet world is pulling for him.

Much love,

Your unending passion for LIFE, and your eternal quest to share joyful music and words of wisdom with the world…well, it’s all just so very, very awesome to behold.

Keep on getting better & better every day, Clark…because you’re gonna need all the strength you can possibly muster, in order to put up with the pile of awful jokes that I’ve been saving for you!!!

Happy honking ahead…and lots of love too,

16. Tom Smith says:

Great News, Happier Day today!! Love You Madly!!

17. Mark Morganelli says:

Hi Gwen,
    That’s some good news, given the extremely challenging circumstances. I send you and CT my love and support! All best, Mark

18. Mario Pesacreta says:

I’m praying for you. Your music has touched my life, thank you so much!

19. THANK YOU! Sending many prayers.

20. Stephen Guerra says:

Hi Gwen, Please give my love to CT for me. I wish I could be there to help him through in some way. Love and Prayers, Guerra.